Top-class selling ability is not all that is required for success in sales/marketing management. Not only must knowledge be possessed about market research, about distribution channels, marketing strategies, advertising, publicity, public relations, and much more, but a sales/marketing manager must manage his or her subordinates: recruit them, motivate them, control them, plan and organise their activities. Training is essential for success in sales/marketing; this very practical Program provides the very best training on the wide-ranging duties of sales and marketing managers and staff in today’s highly competitive world of business.
- Principles of salesmanship - internal selling, commercial travelling. Methods of selling. The Internet. Consumers and commercial buyers.
- Principles of management: recruiting, training, remunerating, controlling and motivating sales personnel, building sales teams.
- Market research: consumer research, market surveys, test marketing, sales forecasting, planning, budgeting and budgetary control.
- Channels of distribution; selecting the best for the products. Credit terms and credit limits. Discounts: trade, quantity. Export selling.
- Direct and indirect advertising and publicity, sales promotion, sales letters and sales literature, direct marketing, public relations.
- The sales office, sales records, graphs and statistics, analysis of data, computers in sales recording.
UK Higher National Diploma(HDN) program entrance requirement:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age, and
- Completed Secondary School, or
- Certificate with at least 3 years work experience.