Terms and Conditions
The term “Universal Business Academy” or “UBA” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 14A, Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor Malaysia. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. AcceptanceUniversal Business Academy provides this site (universalbusinessacademy.com) to you subject to the terms contained in this document (agreement). If you do not agree with any of the terms of this agreement, do not access or otherwise use this site. Your use of this site shall be deemed to be your agreement to abide by each of the terms set forth below. It is the responsibility of the customer to read such conditions before entering upon a transaction.
Universal Business Academy grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use its materials and software on any personal media device; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify any of the material in any manner or form. You agree not to access Universal Business Academy products or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Universal Business Academy for use in accessing the Universal Business Academy Services and products.
3. User Account, Password & SecurityThe creation of an account is compulsory to purchase from Universal Business Academy. You will be required to create a password and user account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to (1) immediately notify Universal Business Academy of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security and (2) ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. Universal Business Academy cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
4. Proprietary Rights (Trademarks & Copyright Notice)You acknowledge and agree that any content, including but not limited to text, data, photos, graphics, etc. or material contained or distributed through the site, by Universal Business Academy, its advertisers or third parties, is protected by trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, or other proprietary rights and laws.
You therefore may not under any circumstances use or distribute any content received through the site without authorisation of the content owner. You agree not to publish, reproduce, copy, in whole or part, nor upload, download, post, email, sell or otherwise distribute content available through the site.
5. Rules of ConductThe following rules of conduct apply to your use of the website and to any and all materials you post on universalbusinessacademy.com, including text, data, graphics, audio or video content, sound, chat, messages, files or any other material (collectively user submissions) whether the user submission is included in blogs, discussion groups, emails, profiles, comments, or any other portion or feature of universalbusinessacademy.com.
You may not, in connection with the Website:
- Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any user submission that is libellous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized;
- Infringes or violates any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other property right;
- Breaches a duty of confidentiality by which you are bound due to a contractual or fiduciary relationship (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- A reasonable person would consider harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- Constitutes a breach of any person’s privacy or publicity rights, a misrepresentation of facts, or hate speech;
- Violates or encourages others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Promotes software or services that deliver unsolicited e-mail; or
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other similar harmful programming routines
6. Internet ConnectionSome of the Universal Business Academy material requires a correctly configured and functional internet data connection, both for the initial Purchase, and for use. Data charges may be charged to you by your network provider depending on your individual tariff. You are responsible for any such costs.
We are unable to provide any warranties as to the levels of connectivity you will receive via your personal media device. This may depend upon your tariff, your network provider or your corporate policy if you have a work-issued device. We will not accept any responsibility for any connectivity issues you may experience. Please contact your network provider or visit their website if you require assistance configuring a data connection for your phone.
If, however the Universal Business Academy website is down and it is believed to be our fault we agree to compensate users how we see fit, this would usually comprise of a credit note being issued for unfinished assessments. Universal Business Academy will deal with claims on a case by case basis.
7. Content and RefundsOnce payment is received and products have been delivered either to the student’s dashboard or posted and received by the student’s, or have been downloaded, or refunds are not available. Refunds are only applicable if the products or services are not as described. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Goods will only be dispatched to the customer when payment has been made in full and cleared funds and in any variance of this term shall be upon such terms as Universal Business Academy dictates.
All ATHE students can access to modules and assessments is limited to 2 (two) years, from the date on which the first assessment is attempted. In exceptional circumstances this may be extended. Assessments can be re-sit as many times as required within the 2 year period as long as payments have been cleared.
8. Discount CodesAccount discount codes – Discount codes may from time to time be offered to account holders; such codes may only be applied to purchases made through the account in respect of which the discount code was offered and registered.
Promotional discount codes – We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website.
All Prices and course fees are listed in RINGGIT MALAYSIA (RM), and therefore we are not responsible for any exchange rate changes, nor any bank charges that arise from this or any other payments made to UBA.
9. LinksUniversalBusinessAcademy.com (the site), or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. As Universal Business Academy have no control of such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Universal Business Academy is not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources or the policies or such sites and resources.
Universal Business Academy is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource
10. Variations/Correction of Errors and InaccuraciesUniversal Business Academy uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on the site is accurate, however the information and product listings on the site may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We make no representation or warranty that any information is accurate, complete, or up-to-date and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on such information placed by you or anyone to whom you may communicate such information.
Universal Business Academy shall have the right at any time without any liability or notice to amend, remove any content of the site including prices, sales literature or other documents as long as such alterations do not materially affect the quality of the goods.
12. Limitation of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL UNIVERSALBUSINESSACADEMY.COM, OR ANY SUBSIDIARY, PARENT, AFFILIATE, OFFICER, DIRECTOR, LICENSOR, EMPLOYEE, SUPPLIER, DISTRIBUTOR, RESELLER AGENT, OWNER, OR OPERATOR OF, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) MISTAKES, ERRORS, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, TROJAN HORSES, VIRUSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY OMISSIONS OR ERRORS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EMAILED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UNIVERSALBUSINESSACADEMY.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website is controlled and offered by Universal Business Academy from its facilities in the United Kingdom. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
13. PlagiarismAcademic dishonesty covers any attempt by a student to gain unfair advantage (e.g. extra marks) for her/himself, or for other students, by unauthorised means. Examples of such dishonesty include collusion, deceit, plagiarism and cheating in examinations.
Collusion includes, but not limited to, the conscious collaboration, without official approval, between two or more students, in the preparation and production of work which is then submitted as individual work. In cases where one (or more) student has copied from another, all students involved may be penalised.
Deceit includes misrepresentation or non-disclosure of relevant information, including the failure to disclose any cases of work being submitted for assessment which has been or will be used for other academic purposes.
Plagiarism is the act of using other people’s words, images etc. as if they were your own. In order to make clear to readers the distinction between your words, images etc.
Cheating is defined as any attempt to gain an unfair advantage in an assessment (including examinations), or assisting another student to do so. It includes: copying from other candidates, collusion, impersonation, plagiarism, and unauthorised access to unseen examination papers.
It is in the best interests of all students for Universal Business Academy to maintain the good reputation of its awards. Your co-operation is expected in actively protecting the integrity of the assessment process. It is the duty of all students to Universal Business Academy to have high personal standards of academic honesty in their studies and to report any instances of malpractice of which they become aware.
14. Governing Law and JurisdictionThese Terms and Conditions are governed by and constructed in accordance with Malaysia Laws, and in the event of any disputes or claims associated with the terms and conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
15. Security Policy (Payments)Our Payment Service Provider is MOLPay – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the Malaysia. MOLPay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is MOL Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
MOLPay uses a range of secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P. address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the MOLPay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
MOLPay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
MOLPay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
16. Data ProtectionUniversal Business Academy uses personal data of the customer for appropriate purposes and according to statutory regulations. The personal data given (i.e. name, email address, delivery address, bank details) for ordering products is used by Universal Business Academy for fulfilment and handling of the contract only. This data is treated confidentially by Universal Business Academy is not given to any third parties who are not part of the ordering, delivery and payment procedures. The customer shall be entitled to access information on their personal data which Universal Business Academy has saved about them, free of charge. They are also entitled to the correction of incorrect data, and the deletion of their personal data if they choose, so long as there is no legal obligation to retain such data.
17. Refund PolicyAll application and other non-tuition fees paid to Universal Business Academy are non-refundable. Only the paid tuition fees / facilitation fees are refundable on the following conditions:
Percentage of refund of course fees Requirements
70% More than 21 days before the Course Commencement Date
50% Before, but not more than 7 days before the Commencement Date
20% After, but not more than 3 days after the Course Commencement Date.
0% More than 3 days after the Course Commencement Date, but not more than 3 days after the Commencement Date.
0% More than 3 days after the Course Commencement Date.
Universal Business Academy will make a FULL refund when the centre terminates the course before completion of the course.
All approved refunds shall be made within 7 days from the date of a letter of approval sent to the student.
18. Withdrawal PolicyThe student must apply in writing officially to the Students Office to request for withdrawal from the course. All requests must be supported with documentary evidence. Any verbal request for withdrawal from the course shall not be entertained.
Universal Business Academy shall inform the students of its decision in writing within a week. Refunds will be processed as per the Refund Policy.
A student remains liable for any remaining unpaid course fee after a withdrawal where the student has signed up for the entire course. In the event that a company-sponsored student withdraws, the company is liable to pay any outstanding course fees.
20. Course AccreditationCourses are accredited by a governing body chosen by Universal Business Academy, who assess review and write all of our content. If there is a change in validating partnership, Universal Business Academy will always aim to make sure the new governing body is of the same or higher Standard. No refunds will there for be issued to students in this Scenario.
21. University admissionUniversal Business Academy in no way guarantees students direct progression onto a University Degree or Master’s program; this will solely depend upon the student’s circumstances, experience and application to the respective university.
22. GeneralThe place of fulfilment for all services in relation to www.universalbusinessacademy.com is the place of business of Universal Business Academy Sdn. Bhd., a company registered in Malaysia.
Our Trading Office:
14A, Jalan Harimau Tarum,
80250 Johor Bahru
Our company registration number is 1122301-D
23. Updates to Terms & ConditionsTerms and Conditions updated May 27th 2016